FX6 Canister Filter - Fluval
Building on the hugely successful FX5, the FX6 is Fluval's next generation filter workhorse, with all the power and reliability that Fluval FX filters are known for, plus more.
The FX6 has an amazing range of advanced features, all designed to make fishkeeping so much easier and more convenient. Offering super capacity in a compact canister filter, the FX6 pumps out 3500 L (925 US Gal) of water an hour and has an astounding media capacity that produces cleaner and healthier results than most competitive filters.
Filtering material can easily be placed in a removable stack of media baskets, which is at the heart of Fluval's multistage filtration. The baskets are precision-engineered to eliminate water by-pass, making filtration more efficient.
The baskets can hold a total of 5.9 L (1.5 US Gal) of media and can be stacked in the precise combination of layers that will work best for your aquarium. Each one is lined with a foam insert for effective mechanical pre-filtering. Instant-release T-handles let you lift and separate the baskets quickly and easily, making routine maintenance simpler.
The FX6 also features Smart Pump Technology™, which provides optimal filter performance.
This advanced technological feature employs an electronic circuit board that continually monitors the pump. Impeller speed and force are constantly measured to ensure powerful output and energy efficiency. This technology also manages the filter's self-starting feature and evacuates air that may enter or build up within the filtration system. On a 12-hour cycle, the pump will pause and allow trapped air to escape, ensuring the best filtration efficiency at all times.
- Multi-stage filter produces clear and healthy aquarium water
- For fresh and saltwater aquariums up to 1500 L (400 US Gal)
- Flow rate: 3500 L (925 US Gal) per hour
- Improved motor technology provides better performance and reliability while consuming 10% less electricity than previous model
- With Smart Pump™ Technology for optimal filter performance, efficiency and management
- Click-Fit AquaStop valves allow fast setup and leak-proof maintenance
- Valves are positioned at 45 degree angles and rotate for easy installation
- Self-starting filter–just add water and plug in–Smart Pump™ Technology will do the rest
- Two maintenance indicators allow you to remember the month of your last filter maintenance and water change
- Heavy-duty Anti-Clog Telescopic Strainer ensures continuous flow
- Multi-Directional Output Nozzles can be adjusted to create specific water flows
- Purge Valve with Drain Hose for easy maintenance and flushing of the canister
- Includes all filtering media
- At only 54 cm (21 in) in height, the FX6 fits under most aquariums